The Connecticut Employment Lawyers Association (CELA) is a nonprofit organization comprised of employment law attorneys from around the state who share in a common mission; providing quality representation to employees and vindicating employees’ rights.
To that end, CELA’s members work collaboratively to:
- Promote and increase public awareness of the rights of individual employees;
- Furnish educational opportunities for attorneys who represent employees;
- Assist lawyers who actively represent employees in employment related disputes by:
- Providing ready access to knowledgeable colleagues;
- Relieving the sense of professional isolation experienced by many employment lawyers who practice in solo or small firms; and
- Promoting social and cultural exchange among attorneys and other interested groups.
- Promote the intellectual and professional interests of attorneys who represent employees;
- Provide the public with accessibility to skilled legal counsel who are well versed and accomplished in the complex area of employment law; and
- Provide educational training and instructional activities for members, the general bar and for the public.
CELA’s members are attorneys from throughout Connecticut who devote at least 51% or more of their employment related practice to representing employees. CELA attorneys represent individual employees in all types of employment related matters including, but not limited to, discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, contract disputes, FMLA and related leave of absence issues, unpaid wages, severance agreements and whistleblower claims.